Saturday, November 13, 2010

Four days of thanksgiving

See, I told you I would mess up. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly though ;) Okay although I have gone MIA the last four days I am here and ready to blog about what has been on my heart. So here it goes, for November 10th, I was so bummed I didn't get on here and write about what I was thankful for. It was and is a big one. I am thankful for HOPE. Romans 4:18 says this, "Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed." The Bible also says "faith is being certain of what you hope for." And again, "Those who hope in the Lord, shall renew their strength..." Christ is my hope, He is the prize. Even when circumstances go against everything I know about God and who He is, I will "walk and not grow weary" because my hope is in Him.

Which leads to the next thing that I am thankful for and praise God for. It is the wonderful truth that I do not have to hope in myself or my own ability to do or not do something. I know the reality is that I am human and I will always come short, no matter how hard I try. "For all have sinned and fall short of the gory of God." I am definitely included in that "all". Oh but to know Him and His promises, to listen to His word brings faith, and faith comes from hope.

Next, I am so very thankful that God does not fit in my limitations. He does not fit it my box. He is like an ocean with no floor, with no shore, He is limitless. I could go on and on with this but my words will never be sufficient enough. So I will just continue to praise Him.

Lastly(for today), I am giving my God thanks for my husband. I am thankful for marriage and what it stands for, for the sanctity of it. I am thankful that God Almighty knew what He is doing when He picked Steve for me. God has sustained us through so much, He has brought us through many low valleys, and He has placed us on the mountain tops together. I consider it a joy to be his wife and I love him dearly. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment