Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thanksgiving

Philippians 4:6-8 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

I'm back...and thankful! It has been a very long time since I have blogged. But I keep my account open because I knew the reason I started this blog in the first place was for good reason. I wanted to record the goodness of God because I know how quickly I forget. Silly I know, but I need to write it down.

Last year at this time I remember doing the month of thanksgiving. Where everyday I would share something that I was thankful for. I remember wanting to continue it on even past the holiday of Thanksgiving, because there is so many reasons to be thankful. I couldn't squeeze it all in to one month! After thinking about that today it occurred to me if for the rest of my life, if I lived to a ripe age, everyday if I were to say something that I were thankful for, still that would not be enough. I'm going to need heaven for that, eternity. That is how much God deserves my thankfulness.

So for the time being, I have decided to do this for a year, and this blog will be where I record it. I know I will probably fail (just warning you ahead of time), but that never means that God fails. I can't wait to see what the Lord continues to reveal to my heart of all the different aspects of Himself, and to share them on here and why I am thankful. So here it goes... Wait can I start off with two things that I am thankful for today? Well, I'm going to.

First, I am thankful for God's trustworthiness. He is beyond worthy of my trust. Thank you Jesus for showing me that You are trustworthy throughout this past year. You are always deserving of my trust, but especially this year you have shown me in so many beautiful ways. Thank you Jesus! Psalm 84

Second, I am thankful for the good report that Daisy Love Merrick's scan came back all clear today...the cancer cannot be seen. I am thankful for your healing on her body and for the work that you are doing through her and her amazing family. Bless them Lord! Keep them in your perfect peace. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment